Fudgy and chewy walnut brownie with a delicious nutty crunch
These are fudgy brownies with a delicious nutty crunch. These are easy to make, bursting with flavor, and chocolate-loaded. This version of my chocolate brownie is rich in walnuts and cocoa flavor. This warm treat can be enjoyed by your family on any given day. This is so easy to make, the batter comes together in just 15 minutes. They make great desserts when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Use melted salted butter. The salt in the butter balances the sweetness from the sugar added.
I’ve used 2 cups of granulated sugar in this recipe. you may alternate it with 1 cup brown sugar and one cup granulated sugar.
Eggs add moisture and bind everything together. I’ve used 3 large eggs in this recipe.
This is the leavener used for the brownies to rise. I’ve used 1 teaspoon of baking powder in this recipe.
1teaspoon of vanilla extract is added to enhance the flavour of the brownie.
This makes the brownie chocolatey and fudgy. 1 cup of cocoa powder is used in this recipe.
2 cups of All-purpose flour are used here.
1 cup of crushed walnuts are added for the delicious crunch.
Love Chocolate? You might love these too
The best Walnut Brownie recipeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Fudgy and Chewy walnut brownie with a delicious nutty crunch.
Salted butter, melted – 1 1/2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Eggs – 3
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
cocoa powder – 1 cup
All-purpose flour – 2 cups
Crushed walnuts – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Once the butter-sugar mixture is combined, add eggs and mix.
- Add in the baking powder and vanilla extract and mix till it’s combined well.
- Add in the chocolate powder and mix in until well combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and mix in until just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Add crushed walnuts and fold them in the batter using a spatula.
- Prepare a baking tray and pour the batter in.
- Bake the batter at 180C for 20 to 25 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Allow cooling the brownie in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring it to the cooling rack.
- I’ve used salted butter in the recipe. If you opt to use normal butter, add 1/4 a teaspoon of salt to the mix.