Extra soft and chewy cookies with slightly crispy edges and loaded with chocolate
These chocolate chip cookies are extra soft, chewy, and crispy, with melty morsels of chocolate and they turn out perfectly every time. This is the only chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever need! Best of all, there are no eggs added, there’s no chilling or refrigeration required, and could be ready in 25 minutes.
This is the best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever! These are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. Crispy and chewy, perfectly buttery and sweet. Only basic pantry ingredients, no eggs, no chilling time. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, chocolate chip cookie that can be baked right away. You can also refrigerate or freeze them until ready to bake and they bake up perfectly every time. That way you have dough on hand for unexpected guests or whenever the cookie craving strikes. I have been making these for many years and everyone who tries them agrees they’re yummy-licious!
The only lookout to get these right is: DO NOT over-bake these chocolate chip cookies!
- All-Purpose Flour: The flour is what provides the structure and helps them hold their shape. I’ve used 2 cups of all-purpose flour in this recipe. Too much flour can lead to cookies that won’t spread enough in the oven.
- Baking Soda & Baking powder: The baking powder helps to give the cookies a rise and the baking soda helps in the spreading of the cookies. Half a teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda is added.
- Salted Butter: I swear by using salted butter in most of my recipes, since the salt balances and enhances all the flavors. I’ve used 3/4th cup of salted butter.
- Granulated Sugar: This is where the sweetness of the cookies comes from. Also, it helps in the spread of the cookie. Half a cup of sugar is added in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is added to flavor the cookie. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract is added.
- Chocolate Chips: I have used a mix of dark and milk chocolate chips in this recipe. Feel free to use any kind that you prefer though!
How to make chocolate chip cookies
- Cream the butter, and sugar.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until light golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake.
- Let stand 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store these chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Love the cookies? You might love the other recipes too:
Watch me make these eggless chocolate chip cookies :
The best eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 3/4 cup salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar together
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and combine well.
- Gradually mix in 2 cups of all-purpose flour and mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and fold in
- Roll into balls using a spoon and hands and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown around the edges. Bake on the middle rack.
- Let stand 5 minutes on a cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a glass of milk.